Citra Freeze After The Updates

After the latest updates my citra emu stopped working. It can be opened but the moment I opened games it just freeze. Anyone can explain what the problem seems to be?

Same happend to me with the new version of canary build. This version, add a new Hardware renderer (check your configuracion graphics tab) that uses the gpu that makes a boost in speed in various games (pokémon). I noticed that when Accurate Hardware Shader is activated, citra crashes, just deactivate that a see if that works

@Ivan_Caraballo tried that still does not work T.T
maybe I need to wait for another updates

What is your GPU? If it’s AMD, you might have issues with Canary. Change Shader Emulation to CPU as a workaround.

Yeah I forgot to include that. mine is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M.

In that case fill out the support template.

Issue:
Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.

System Information

• Operating System:
  • CPU:
  • GPU:
  • Citra Version (found in title bar):
  • Game:
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Log:

Paste your entire console window log here.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide: How to Upload the Log File

Issue:
After the latest updates my citra emu stopped working. It can be opened but the moment I opened games it just freeze. Anyone can explain what the problem seems to be?

System Information

Operating System: Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-3630QM
CPU: 2.4 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M
Citra Version (found in title bar): Canary
Game: Pokemon Ultra Moon
Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

@Leo121 tried that and it works. I need to set it as CPU

@Leo121 do you know why does it crashed if I set it as GPU? Before this I can play at 30fps (which is great for me) but now it only goes to 19fps.

I’m having the same problem, when i start a game that is rendered through GPU, it will crash, but if you have no save file, in lets say, pokemon it will let you choose your language, then after the setup it will crash. I think the issue is AMD because I know other people don`t have this problem.

@soultakerripper666 Please provide the full log. The latest Canary build added GPU shader emulation so your GPU does some of the work the CPU normally does. It’s still WIP so users may experience issues with it. AMD GPUs are known to have issues.

[ 0.000000] Common.Filesystem common/file_util.cpp:GetUserPath:695: Using the local user directory
[ 0.555689] Loader core/loader/loader.cpp:GetLoader:137: File C:/Games/Pokemon Ultra Moon Decrypted.3ds has a different type than its extension.
[ 0.557273] Loader core/loader/loader.cpp:GetLoader:137: File C:/Games/Pokemon Ultra Sun Decrypted.3ds has a different type than its extension.
[ 0.609316] Frontend citra_qt/main.cpp:CheckForUpdates:514: Update check started
setGeometry: Unable to set geometry 461x500+793+67 on QWidgetWindow/‘ConfigureDialogWindow’. Resulting geometry: 495x684+793+67 (frame: 9, 38, 9, 9, custom margin: 0, 0, 0, 0, minimum size: 495x684, maximum size: 16777215x16777215).

This is the log. There’s no addition in it when it crashes.

Hello i have the same problem,it freezes when it tries to render the game.
I have and AMD graphics cards.

Read the previous posts before answering.

Follow the guide I linked to get the full log. The one you posted is not the full one.

Do you know whether the problem of AMD is going to be fixed?

There is an AMD driver developer who plans to fix this issue.

But do you think the update post actually implies that they are gonna give up on AMD?

It freezes with me as well
Operating System:windows 10 home,Intel core i5-6200u
CPU:2.4 ghz
GPU:Intel HD 520 graphics
Citra Version (found in title bar):canary
Game:Pokémon omega ruby, ultra moon

This is an instance of why the divide between the Nightly and Canary versions exist (If you’re unfamiliar with them, you can read up on it here.). Currently, since this update has issues on certain hardware, it will remain on Canary so that people can still test it, but will not be merged into the master branch (aka the Nightly build). A PR that is knowingly broken on a commonly used piece of hardware would not be merged.