Citra freezes frequently during gameplay (Pokemon X)

When playing Pokemon X, it seems like within ~5 minutes of gameplay in each session the game will freeze. There will be no feedback from the game, and all visuals will halt. Notably I’ve tested things out on both Vulkan (canary) and OpenGL (nightly), as well as poking around settings related to things like shader caching. Unfortunately the problem has persisted.

System Information

  • Operating System: Windows 11

  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x 8c

  • GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT

  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Canary 2610

  • Game: Pokemon X

  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
citra_log.txt (293.4 KB)

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:

System Information for Support

Client Version                               Canary 2610  HEAD-8a09aba
Operating System                             Windows 11 Version 22H2 (Build 22621.2134)
CPU                                          AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor              | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                 Unknown (?)
Graphics Renderer                            ?
GPU Driver Version                           ?
CPU JIT                                      [x]
Hardware Shader                              [ ]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication     [x]
Shader JIT                                   [x]
System Region                                -1
Shader Disk Cache                            [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

  • Please enable the Vsync option if you are experiencing screen tearing.
  • The CPU Clock percentage is not 100%. You may experience unexpected game speed.

For future reference, VSync has been tested both on and off as part of my attempts to resolve the issue.

My GPU Driver Version, which seems to have failed to fetch, is the latest available (23.8.1)

This may, actually, be solved. I haven’t experienced the issue since attempting a quick fix.

Specifically, my installation had my CPU Clock Percentage set to 25% by default rather than 100%. Fixing this and updating it to 100% seems to have fixed the issue!