Citra freezes when any game starts

citra_log.txt (11.9 KB)

In the beginning it worked very well, I started 2 games to see if they worked, and they did, after that, citra had an update and things started getting sour.
every game including the first 2 I tried, would freeze on the first possible image and then the citra app freezes too.
I searched everywhere for a fix, one person had a similar problem and he thought that the problem was with intel hd graphics 4000, the same I have, but how did it worked in the beginning? I thought maybe something went bad in the update or the driver of hd graphics is just bad.

I tried to uninstall everything related to citra and try again, but I know I couldn’t because citra still had my xbox one controller settings saved(if someone knows how to get rid of everything maybe would help).
I tried to update my drivers, but the model of my laptop is very weird i guess(NP300E4C)it has other versions but this is the entire model name), hd graphics 4000 even has 2020 drivers, but my pc can only have 2 drivers? 1 from 2012 and 1 from 2013, I have the one from 2013, tried every thing to update the driver, from intel official site to the dark sides of the internet, intel says that my pc doesn’t have the requirements for the drivers, even tho they selfs indicated the newest driver for my pc.
intel said that I have to go to samsung for help with the drivers…
obviously samsung couldn’t help, even their links are broken and send to nowhere :frowning:
maybe they only supported my model for 1year or 2, and forgot about the damn thing…
is this a lost cause and I should get a new laptop or there is a light somewhere in this dark storie?

Hi, do this:

1. File->Open Citra Folder
  2. Open shaders folder then delete the opengl folder if it is there.
  3. Emulation->Configure... then click on Graphics on the left
  4. Click on the Advanced tab and turn on Accurate Multiplication

The Disk Shader Cache currently has a bug when Accurate Multiplication is turned off causing it to load all shaders slowly from zero every time you start the game and makes the precompiled cache extrememly large + the RAM usage skyrockets until you crash.

It looks like you accidentally reopened Citra so the log got cleared. The log gets cleared every time you open Citra. Have the log folder open in the background first then when Citra freezes and you close it, immediately upload the log.

1 Like

citra_log.txt (25.1 KB)

I deleted opengl,but unfortunately it still has the same problem, but the explanation makes sense, now the fps and velocity starts to decrease to 0 very fast instead of always being in 0 from the start

GPU Driver Version: Build 10.18.10.4276

This driver is outdated, you need to update.

Download win64_15.33.50.5129.zip from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29473/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-33-?product=81499
direct link: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/29473/a08/win64_15.33.50.5129.zip

then follow this guide to install it: https://www.howtogeek.com/343287/how-to-fix-the-driver-being-installed-is-not-validated-for-this-computer-on-intel-computers/

1 Like

wow, thanks for the help, it works fine now.
in the end the problem really was samsung, with their weird drivers.
I hope this helps other people in the future, just like it helped me.

1 Like

The same thing happened to me too, everything started after the update, so I started playing with an old version and it runs normally.

Upload a log please: How to Upload the Log File

i’ve got the same Problem, since the last update…
citra_log.txt (167.8 KB)

Please open up your own support topic and fill in the information it asks for.

Already done, Mate. But just Citrabot is responding… :zipper_mouth_face: