The game will freeze during the start of a battle. Exiting and reloading allows me to keep playing again, but the freezing continues after about 5 - 10 minutes of gameplay during the open world battle areas. (Never freezes during town gameplay, i.e. non-combat situations).
- Operating System: SteamOS v3.3
- CPU: AMD Zen 2 w/ 4-cores/8-threads, variable frequency @ 2.4 - 3.5 GHz
- GPU: AMD RDNA 2
- Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1807
- Game: Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
- Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File
citra_log.txt (40.8 KB)
Apologies - please see attached log
citra_log.txt (40.9 KB)
Here is a better version of the citra log.
System Information for Support
Client Version Nightly 1807 HEAD-bb05d8c12
Operating System KDE Flatpak runtime
CPU AMD Custom APU 0405 | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API OpenGL 4.6
Graphics Renderer AMD Custom GPU 0405 (vangogh, LLVM 14.0.6, DRM 3.45, 5.13.0-valve21.3-1-neptune)
GPU Driver Version ?
CPU JIT [x]
Hardware Renderer [x]
Hardware Shader [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication [x]
Shader JIT [x]
System Region 1
Shader Disk Cache [x]
Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.
- You have cheats enabled. This might cause weird behaviour or crashes. Please disable them and retest if your game is experiencing bugs or crashes.
I’m cautiously optimistic that suggestion did fix my issue. There were two cheats I had enabled. One cheat was working and the other was not. I disabled the one that was not working. I continued from my last save and just level grinded with battles for the past hour and no freezing occurred whatsoever. That’s a big difference from when it was freezing every 5 minutes during battles. Thank you, Support Team!