Issue: Pokemon Black Screen And game freeze
Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.
When ever I start Pokémon Alpha Sapphire Citra always just shows a black screen or freezes when it reaches to the second image. Sometimes it allows me to pick my language and press begin but it just shows a black screen after that (I can sometimes hear audio).
- Operating System: Windows 10
- CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i5-8250U
- GPU: Intel (R) UHD Graphics 620
- Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1785
- Game: Pokémon Alpha Sapphire (USA)
- Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):
citra_log.txt (37.4 KB)
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
System Information for Support
Client Version Nightly 1785 HEAD-baecc18
Operating System Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API OpenGL 4.3.0
Graphics Renderer Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620
GPU Driver Version 22.214.171.12454
CPU JIT [x]
Hardware Renderer [x]
Hardware Shader [ ]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication [ ]
Shader JIT [x]
System Region -1
Shader Disk Cache [x]
Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.
- You are running out of date drivers for your GPU. You need to install the most recent driver for your graphics card from Intel’s website. Support for Intel® Graphics
- Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.
- Please enable the Vsync option if you are experiencing screen tearing.
GPU Driver Version: 126.96.36.19954
This driver is outdated, you need to update.
Make sure Windows is updated, you should be on 21H2 or later. Check what you have currently by opening
winver in Windows search.
Intel® Graphics – Windows* DCH Drivers from https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/124967/intel-core-i58250u-processor-6m-cache-up-to-3-40-ghz/downloads.html
direct link: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/741527/gfx_win_101.3413_101.2111.exe