After I clicked Pokemon Omega Ruby, it hangs and freezes slight on the loading screen right after I defeated the Pokemon League Champion. The big problem is that right after the Delta Episode, the hanging and freezing worsen and it makes my laptop freeze. Though it will open the game but it cost 10mins. to 40mins. before it will start and sometimes it goes not responding and auto exit the citra emulator. It really freezes my laptop whenever the game is loading.
- Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise
- CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-6500U CPU @2.50GHz
- GPU: 2GB
- Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Canary 1561
- Game: Pokemon Omega Ruby
- Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):
I couldn’t capture the moment where it freezes because I can’t do anything but to wait for my laptop to function.
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
citra_log.txt (224.3 KB)
In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
System Information for Support
Client Version Canary 1561 HEAD-4d75a4d
OpenGL Vendor NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL Renderer GeForce 940M/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Version 3.3.0
GPU Driver Version 398.36
Enable Hardware Renderer [x]
Enable Hardware Shader [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication [ ]
Hardware Shader, Geometry Shaders null
Enable Shader JIT [x]
Enable Vsync null
System Region -1
Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.
- You are running out of date drivers for your GPU. You need to install the most recent driver for your graphics card from NVIDIA’s website. https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
- Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.
Try turn off
Disk Shader Cache in the graphics options in Citra. It causes issues for some users with some games at the moment.
Thanks @tywald, I’ll restart my game now and try if turning off the Disk Shader Cache lighten the heavy load upon loading the game
@tywald thank you so much! It really solve the problem . I was too naive not to go consult here and caused me to start all over again in the game. That was indeed a great job. I can’t thank you enough for your help. Keep it up