Citra has stopped working (Pokémon)

Issue:
I used to play on Citra 1290, but it ran quite slowly and showed black spaces/lacking graphics at some features (trainer cheeks, circular floor space where Pokémon sits while battling) of the game (Pokémon, especially X, but also AlphaSapphire and Sun). No big problem at all. Then build 1507 showed more speed and no black spaces, I started playing more often with this build. Occasionally it “stopped working” such as in many other topics at this forum, and I tried many solutions posted here, which caused this issue appearing less often. I tried other recent builds, looking for one that fixed this. Build 1515 was working pretty well, but then stopped working also. I realized that it happens more likely when I use the touch screen repeatedly or when I search for items at Bag (especially TMs). I forgot taking a screenshot of this issue but got the log file successfully before closing the window. I think the screenshot wouldn’t be so helpful cause the prompt screen Windows shows is common within other topics here, the classic “citra-qt.exe has stopped working”.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bits
  • CPU: Intel Core i5 3230M 2.60 GHz 6 GB RAM
  • GPU:
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): 1515
  • Game: Pokémon X
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (1.3 MB)

Thank you for helping and sorry for creating a new topic for a common problem.

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1515 HEAD-98fe5f8
OpenGL Vendor                                 Intel
OpenGL Renderer                               Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
OpenGL Version                                3.3.0
GPU Driver Version                            10.18.10.5129
Enable Hardware Renderer                      [x]
Enable Hardware Shader                        [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Hardware Shader, Geometry Shaders             null
Enable Shader JIT                             [x]
Enable Vsync                                  null
System Region                                 [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

Just clarifying, I already updated my drivers as I saw at other solutions suggested to other users. Also, I ran the Intel Driver and Support Assistant and it confirmed I have all graphic drivers up to date.

Yeah ignore the bot, it is dumb when it comes to older GPUs :stuck_out_tongue:

Unfortunately Intel HD 4000 is a problematic GPU that doesn’t like the Split Presentation Thread change since Nightly 1393, you might need to stick with 1392 :confused:
https://github.com/citra-emu/citra-nightly/releases/tag/nightly-1392

1 Like

Thank you very much! It is running at an intermediary speed between 1290 and 1515 and I found no black spaces until now. But I miss the Load and Save State options, unfortunately.

Besides, I also realized that the Pause function causes the game to not advance time when I resume playing (also in this build 1392), and the Load and Save State options (from latest builds as 1507 and 1515) causes the game to advance almost an hour within the in-game clock. These occurings are perceptable on Berries growth, cities ilumination and time showed on in-game Save option.

Here I am. Build 1392 has stopped working too, this time when ending the game post-Pokémon League, after the end of the credits (when it shows “Fin”).

citra_log (2).txt (2.9 MB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1392 HEAD-ddb7ead
Operating System                              Windows 7 SP 1 (6.1)
CPU                                                  Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60GHz
OpenGL Vendor                                 Intel
OpenGL Renderer                               Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
OpenGL Version                                3.3.0
GPU Driver Version                            10.18.10.5129
Enable CPU JIT                                [x]
Enable Hardware Renderer                      [x]
Enable Hardware Shader                        [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Hardware Shader, Geometry Shaders             null
Enable Shader JIT                             [x]
System Region                                 [x]
Shader Disk Cache                             null

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

Oh ok so we need to go back even further. Since we don’t really know how far, I will just pick like Nightly 1190 as our starting point: https://github.com/citra-emu/citra-nightly/releases/tag/nightly-1190 which is when we got the AAC decoder.

1 Like

Sorry for the delay. I tested it today and it worked without the lacking graphics on the floor space in the battles, but still black spaces on the trainer cheeks. It ran slower than 1392.
Should I be playing on it until it crashes?
I found that 1392 also crashes when Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Special Demo saves at the end of the adventures, likely when the game asks the “console” to restart (I thought it because of the crash at the end of X post credits).

Yeah play until it crashes. You should do the same test run, i.e last time you said it crashed after the end of the credits.

However it could simply be that the rom is corrupted.

Hello! Citra has stopped working a few times since I wrote this post. The most common stops were while taking screenshots and restarting the game using hotkeys.
This is the log for the most recent stop.

The uploading option says it is too big for this message. As suggested, I uploaded it to my cloud storage and this is the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BSAN3EkpjGuS9fotKAjIF6O3qp4pQir-/view?usp=sharing.

Are you taking with Citra’s screenshot function or you use like Print Screen?

If needed, you change the hotkeys here:

The log unfortunately doesn’t tell why it crashes, you would have to build Citra from source on Windows 10 to catch the crash that way.

Yeah, Citra’s screenshot function and restart/stop hotkeys cause the app to crash sometimes. I’ll try if it works well changing the hotkeys so. Thank you.

1 Like