Citra is unable to boot any game. Emulator crashes 5 seconds after I try to launch any game.
- Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
- CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER
- Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1724
- Game: All games
- Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
citra_log.txt (22.4 KB)
In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
System Information for Support
Client Version Nightly 1724 HEAD-19617f7
Operating System Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version 472.12
CPU JIT [x]
Hardware Renderer [x]
Hardware Shader [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication [x]
Shader JIT [x]
System Region -1
Shader Disk Cache [ ]
Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.
- Please enable the Vsync option if you are experiencing screen tearing.
- You have cheats enabled. This might cause weird behaviour or crashes. Please disable them and retest if your game is experiencing bugs or crashes.
Disable cheats, then restart Citra (important, otherwise they remain active). Now try your game again. If it still crashes, upload another log file.
Thank you for taking the time to help me.
After days of trying different things out, I have found out that the problem was that a mysterious text that suddenly appeared at the top left corner of Citra ‘YES DC’ was somehow causing the emulator to crash after I try to boot any ROM.
I found this fix on Reddit: FIX! navigate to “C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\Drs” and delete the file named “nvdrssel.bin”