Citra keeps slowing down every time I load the game

Issue:
Its a strange issue that started happening early next year and I kinda gave up on Citra for it, but I really want to play some games in it. I don’t know if it happens to other games, but it happens with Pokemon USUM. Basically, when I re-install Citra and play the game, it works well, like it used to before. But when I leave, then get back again, it starts becoming slightly slower to load, at first, this isn’t a problem, but the load times start increasing every time I return to the game, sometimes even when I don’t make much progress, and it reaches the point where it freezes my computer before loading and sometimes freezes until I reset it. This wouldn’t be so weird if the game didn’t work perfecly fine in the first times, hell, even when it freezes before loading, the game works fine once it loads.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
  • CPU: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 710
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Most recent
  • Game: Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar): ------------

Diagnostic Log

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File

Kinda sounds like you’re running out of RAM whilst loading an increasing Shader Cache. Go to File>Open Citra Folder, then open up the shaders folder and delete the qt-config.ini file found here. Now try your game again. If the the crashing/freezing issue occurs again, disable the Disk Shader Cache in Emulation>Configuration>Graphics>Advanced Tab.