Citra Mac runs faster when off screen? (Video)

Issue:
Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.

Citra seems to have better performance when on a sperate Desktop in Mac OS.
If I run Ultra Moon, I get around 28-30 fps but if I switch to a different desktop I can hear Citra speed up to around 54 fps, and if I quickly go back I can see the fps at 54 slowly dip back to 28.

Is there a way to really utilize that faster performance?

System Information

• Operating System: Mac OS 10.13.6
  • CPU: 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7
  • GPU: AMD Radeon Pro 455
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): 741
  • Game: Pokemon Ultra Moon
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Does the keys that you press to get citra into a different desktop conflicts with the keys that citra uses for control the framelimit? since you are on mac , Go to Citra > Configure > General and look at the Hotkeys section, expand ‘Main Window’ and you will see which hotkey is associated with either Increase/Decrease Speed Limit or Toggle Speed Limit.

No, I use the four finger swipe to switch screens.

Attaching log.

citra_log.txt (218.6 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Here is a screen recording of the issue, it’s about 10 fps slower due to the recording software.

I’m not exactly sure with this happens but is your framerate locked to 100%? because citra normally wouldn’t go over 100% unless unlocked. why does it speeds up, again i’m not sure, but it could be due to how mac os manages OpenGL apps (or apps in general)!?
maybe someone can/will explain what is exactly happening.

Yes, I have it unlocked. I was curious as to how fast it can go. And seeing as how Pokemon can be pretty slow paced, I’d like to play at 150% speed if it were possible.

Yeah, I feel like its some Mac OS nonsense, but even then maybe we can find a way to override it.

@SupahNin10doh try turn off VSync. it does not work well with the limit speed percent