CITRA Nightly 1170 No shadow Good performance

Issue:
After using filxr citra build and again using nightly citra MHXX ingame shadow is reduced and theres flickering but not often. Because of this my MHXX on citra now run great. Roar and flash bomb are not causing any slowdown also when fighting astalos now is great and there is no lag even in hunters hub. This problem seems to turn into a positive effect. It seems that game is running in ultra low now if you compare it to a pc game. Will this turn into a more sever problem later on.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64)
  • CPU: Intel i5 2310M 2.2ghz
  • GPU: AMD 7670M clocked at core: 780 Mem clock:1050
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly 1170
  • Game: MHXX v1.4ENG patch v5
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
citra_log.txt (106.7 KB)

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

huh?

Citra is using your intel iGPU and its driver is outdated, and shadows won’t work with it regardless because this intel iGPU lacks some OpenGL extensions.

you can however use your AMD GPU, try this:

Thank you for you response Blo3c

The filxbuild ver-1154 is an unofficial build that was refered to me by my colleague.

The Intel HD graphics driver that i am using right now is the most recent since i last check.

Your are right. The settings on my AMD Catalyst is set to power saving but im afraid that if i set it to high performance the lag and slowspeed will occur again. Also the AMD graphics card i am using is already legacy.

For now i am okay with this setting.

Thank you,

Just keep in mind that you should download and install your drivers from intel’s website and not via windows update to have the most up-to-date drivers.

Greetings, blo3c I already update the driver of the intel hd graphics but there is still no shadows in game. Also you what is the plugin that it was lacking. Is there a way to fix it or it is because the GPU is old?

No, your iGPU lacks the capabilities, on the other hand it should work just fine on your AMD GPU, are you sure your AMD GPU driver is updated? it should perform better than your iGPU…

Hi blo3c. Okay. My AMD GPU is already on legacy category of AMD. It is not performing well when I use it to run MHXX in citra. There were instances wherein it is not playable anymore.