Citra Nightly 1599 does not open Mario Maker 3DS

I boot up my newly downloaded Mario Maker for the 3ds and it just gave me a yellow screen:

Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.

System Information

• Windows 7:
  • CPU:
  • GPU:
  • Citra Nightly 1599:
  • Super Mario Maker for the Nintendo 3DS:
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn’t pirate the game and got it from the Nintendo eShop.

Follow the bot’s link to upload a log please.

I just realised i was on Windows 8.1.
And maybe i should switch to using 32 bit.
A Discord friend told me to stop using 64 bit.
So send me a link to download 32 bit.

citra_log.txt (4.0 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

No one in their right mind would go back to 32-bit (4GB RAM limit, if you build a new computer today you would go for 32GB: https://youtu.be/VdGRCLkSymU?t=4038) :stuck_out_tongue: Citra only works on 64-bit.

Try this:

1. Open Citra then go to File->Open Citra Folder
  2. Open shaders folder then delete the opengl folder if it is there.
  3. Emulation->Configure... then click on Graphics on the left
  4. Click on the Advanced tab and turn on Accurate Multiplication

The Disk Shader Cache currently has a bug when Accurate Multiplication is turned off causing it to load all shaders slowly from zero every time you start the game and makes the precompiled cache extrememly large + the RAM usage skyrockets until you crash.

If that doesn’t work, open dxdiag and screenshot the System and Display tabs.

What is “dxdiag”? Also, none of this seemed to work.

You can do a Window search or press Windows Key+R and type dxdiag into the box.

When i tried this i got some kind of warning, and i said no. I might just stop using Citra entirely.

Uh it is safe. It is just showing your computer specifications. Well if you do not want to go dxdiag route, open Device Manager and expand both Display adapters and Processors.

Then for each Display adapter, double click and screenshot the Driver tab.

Like this:

I can tell by the UI it is Windows 8 or 8.1. Can you double check which one it is? You can do it for example here:

I’ll just wait until i get a 3DS one day.

You need to access one in order to use Citra otherwise it is piracy which is illegal. You also need to own the games, either on cartridge (physical copy) or digitally (installed on your Nintendo 3DS via Nintendo eShop or pre-installed like it is on some special editions).

I’m not gonna get a 3DS to port games to my laptop, I’ll get a 3DS to play games on it.

You illegitimately got Super Mario Maker for 3DS, I’m only telling you what you must do in order to use Citra at all.

You need to be a Nintendo 3DS owner regardless.

O.K. Let’s end this conversation.

1 Like