Citra Nightly 1619 closes when loading game, high memory usage

Issue:

This has only started recently. Sadly I didn’t notice if it’s started only in this build or if it was before an update, but it started as recently as yesterday and I have been playing on Citra every day for a few weeks now.

I’ve been playing Kirby: Planet Robobot and before whenever I loaded the game it would be very quick, but now not only it takes forever (more than 3 minutes), it also majorly lags my whole computer while doing so. It’s very weird because I played the entirety of Kirby Triple Deluxe without any issues as well as almost all of Planet Robobot (I’m about to go to the final boss). But recently it started taking longer and longer to load the game and now it barely loads the game anymore, it just crashes.

I also took a screenshot of my task manager as I was loading the game to help me understand what was going on and I don’t like that it eats my memory while doing so, which explains why my computer lags massively when it does so.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
  • Citra Version: Nightly 1619
  • Game: Tested loading both Kirby: Planet Robobot and Kirby: Triple Deluxe, two games which I had already played without any problems before, and neither loaded properly.
  • Screenshot of Issue:

Diagnostic Log

citra_log.txt (4.9 KB)

Not sure I got the right log file since Citra always crashes on me.

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Hi, please try this:

1. Open Citra then go to File->Open Citra Folder
  2. Open shaders folder then delete the opengl folder if it is there.
  3. Emulation->Configure… then click on Graphics on the left
  4. Click on the Advanced tab and turn on Accurate Multiplication

The Disk Shader Cache currently has a bug when Accurate Multiplication is turned off causing it to load all shaders slowly from zero every time you start the game and makes the precompiled cache extrememly large + the RAM usage skyrockets until you crash.

Oh wow, that worked like a charm! Thanks, I really appreciate the fast response. I can finally play again now. Thank you so much!