Citra Nightly Crash When Loading Game

I am trying to run Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice. Upon starting the game the first time there were no issues and the game ran perfectly, but I have been unable to load the game for a second session. Every time I attempt to open the game, Citra crashes instantly and I get the notification “Citra quit unexpectedly”
Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.

System Information

• Operating System: macOS Mojave
  • CPU:
  • GPU:
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1697
  • Game: Apollo Justice
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

citra_log.txt (4 KB)
Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

MacOS seems to have issues with some of the recent changes made in Citra. Perhaps your issue is related to that. Please try out this older Citra version to test this:
Download citra-osx-20200707-bd7ee8c.tar.gz from Release nightly-1587: Common: remove a mod from AlignUp (#5441) · citra-emu/citra-nightly · GitHub
Extract it and then run the citra-qt executable found inside of the extracted folder.

You should also try this:

1. Open Citra then go to File->Open Citra Folder
  2. Open shaders folder then delete the opengl folder if it is there.

Your graphics driver probably lacks support for GL_ARB_copy_image. It’s an extension that’s used when emulating certain games including Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies and Dai Grakuten Saiban.
If that’s the only problem, the solution is to either use an older version from before nightly 1588 as SleepingSnake suggested, or update your citra nightly version to the latest nightly 1703, where the issue should be fixed.