Citra no longer working on Mac

Issue:
One week ago Citra was running games just fine, for example I was running Pokemon Ultra Moon at almost full speed not long ago, but since a few days it’s no longer working on my system.
Instead it keeps returning the same “OpenGL 3.3 unsupported on GPU or obsolete graphics driver” message no matter what game I try to launch, while - here’s the catch - my GPU does support OpenGL 4.1. I did manage to launch a game (Pokemon Ultra Moon) just once after manually installing the latest Canary build with QT UI, but then the same problem starts appearing again, and I haven’t been able to launch a single game since. Now I’m trying to find where it went wrong, and if I need to update MacOS to have the graphics driver version required to play games on Citra.
So, long story short: does Citra absolutely need MacOS 10.14 in order to play games?

System Information

• Operating System: MacOS 10.13.6
  • CPU: 2,7 GHz Intel i5
  • GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6770M
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Canary 1126
  • Game: any
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (3.3 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

have the same issue because my Mac can’t run the latest version of MacOS with Canary builds 1126 but do have a windows 10 pc to test the emulator on
its a White MacBook mid 2010 and the GPU support OpenGL 3.3

which previous build worked for you?

By testing all canary builds starting from 1107 onwards I have found that build 1112 was the last one to work as intended on my computer. Build 1113 is where things started to get sour.

it can’t find any substantial difference between these builds, so 1112 works and 1113 doesn’t, correct? generate a new log with the version that still works. open the game and when the issue occurs close citra and don’t open it again, open the folder ~/.local/share/citra-emu/log and upload the citra_log.txt file again.

citra_log.txt (35.8 KB)
I found no issues in build 1112 so I closed Citra in the first seconds of the game launching but there might be a few interesting things in the log.

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

upload the log for the citra build which doesn’t work. ideally you wanna test it the nightly builds, canary builds have more unstable features.

Interestingly, nightly builds also stopped working as of build 1149. Nightly 1144 is the latest I found that work. You can clearly see where the defective versions have stopped working compared to the working versions.
citra_log canary 1113.txt (3.1 KB)
citra_log nightly 1144.txt (22.2 KB)
citra_log nightly 1149.txt (3.2 KB)

Submit your issue here, include OS, hardware specs, mac mode, etc, and citra build version (nightly only). but you should also get a log from the nightly version that doesn’t work, in this case nightly 1144 works and 1145 doesn’t, correct? upload both logs.

hi

i’m having the same issue should I also send in what you requested from the other person. Since this isn’t an isolated incident

Yes, just check before if anyone else has already submitted the same issue.

ok, where can i check?

there is a thread here but seems that the issue is unconventional and not related to citra.