Citra not loading rom, then refuses to open

I have used Citra a bit before on an older PC. I then decided to download it on the laptop I’m currently using. After setting up Citra, I downloaded a rom for Super Mario 3D Land, but when I started it, Citra would close. When I try to open it again I get the message, “The item ‘citra-qt.exe’ that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly. Do you want to delete this shortcut?” I pinned the shortcut to the taskbar by the way, so I clicked yes and opened the start menu. When I looked up Citra there and tried to open it, the same message appeared again. I then looked in the file explorer. When I searched it and opened it, a type of DOS menu would appear for less then a second and Citra would close.
If anyone knows why this is happening or how to solve this problem, please reply!

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Piracy isn’t supported here.