Citra not remembering controller configurations

So any time I start up Citra to play a game I’m always having to rebind my control schemes even though they’ve been previously saved under a Custom Profile name in the Citra Configurations menu for Controls. It still shows the buttons I’ve previously assigned for my controller, but of course Citra isn’t reading this configuration file properly and thinks nothing is bound to those set buttons, despite the fact the controller is connected and sending inputs to the computer since I can see that when I open up Jstest-Gtk application it shows me all my button inputs as well as control stick axis and trigger button axis.

I’m using DualShock 4 controller in my setup, and have profile saved specifically for all the configurations for Citra, which Citra doesn’t seem to remember when its been started up each time, which should be remembered each time Citra is loaded, because you shouldn’t need to keep rebinding the controls scheme every time it’s launched.

System Information

• Operating System: Linux Mint 19.2
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-7700K
  • GPU: ASUS GTX 1070 Snow Edition OC
  • Citra Version: Citra Nightly 1372 - HEAD-35690e3a (2019-10-05)

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.