Citra not running games

Issue:
I downloaded the autoinstaller for Citra x64, and it went smoothly until some days ago, it starts, but whenever I try to open a game, it just closes instead of starting the game.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU:
  • GPU:
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Latest nightly build
  • Game: Any
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (22.2 KB)

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

Run the maintenance tool.

How do I do that? Sorry for the burden

its on citra folder, along with with citra executable’s.

These are all the files in the citra folder, would you mind telling me which one is the maintenance tool? I’m new to using this emulator, sorry.

oops, its one folder up.

Thanks, but it didn’t solve my problem, it still doesn’t let me play, it sad, but maybe I’ll never be able to play again :broken_heart:

Reinstall citra and redump your system archives again. this could also be the issue

1 Like

By reinstall you mean… deleting the program’s archives and re-downloading it? (Sorry for the dumb question)
And if you do, will that delete my progress in my games?
Sorry for being such a pain in the backside.

Move everything inside C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Citra\ to another folder.
redump your system archives(nand folder), and copy it to C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Citra\. also redump your roms.

All of your save files are located on the folders extdata and title on:
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Citra\sdmc\Nintendo 3DS\00000000000000000000000000000000\00000000000000000000000000000000

so, just backup these two folder to keep your save game data.

Thank you so much for your help, it let me play games again and all my save data it’s in check.