Citra not working since the update

Issue:
I go to load games they don’t load just black screen and Citra dies like right away the speed doesn’t go passed 6 and the fr isn’t going passed 0 i tried uninstalling and reinstalling didn’t work so here i am

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 64 bit
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor
  • GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1779
  • Game: all
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
citra_log.txt (5.3 KB)

The log file is incomplete. Make sure you follow the steps carefully:

1. Open Citra, then go to File>Open Citra Folder (Citra>Open Citra Folder if on MacOS) and open up the log folder. Now keep that open in the background.
  2. Launch your game and encounter the problem; crash/slowdown/glitch and close Citra if it doesn’t do so by itself. Do not restart Citra as that will wipe the log of important information!
  3. Now upload the log file in this chat.

what do you mean encounter the problem crash/slowdown/glitch ?

You forgot the “;”. It’s just a template response for people that don’t upload a log file correctly. Hence why options other than just a “crash” are included.

In case it wasn’t clear, it means that you need to run Citra until it “dies”, and close Citra if it doesn’t do so by itself.

i do that ill send it again
citra_log.txt (26.9 KB)

The new AMD GPU driver requires a workaround that is only present in our Citra Canary builds at the moment. Please use that for now.

Help tab > Modify Citra Install > Add components.

just weird because it was fine before i updated I appreciate your help though

You updated your GPU driver in between Citra updates. I can assure you that downloading the older Citra build that “used to work before the update” will not make this driver work. Since that would be Citra Nightly without the fix for your current GPU driver.

thank you for taking the time to help out

it means a lot seriously thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

citra_log.txt (27.7 KB)

^ This applies to you as well.