Citra ~plain~ not working

Issue: I would like to start by saying I know absolutely nothing about computers or software and would really appreciate in-depth steps to help me through this. I was able to open a game using citra-qt. The game started in the regular ds format with one screen on top of the other, but somehow it changed to the large screen mode. There seems to be a lot of information about how to change the sizes of each screen, but I think I need plain old citra to make these changes and that’s where things go wrong for me. When I open it, I get the following message in pink: “[ 0.015971] Frontend citra/citra.cpp:main:323: Failed to load ROM: No ROM specified” as well as this message in black: “dynarmic: macOS MachHandler: Failed to receive mach message. error: 0x10004006 ((ipc/rcv) port changed).” I don’t really understand how I can open the game if citra can’t load the ROM, but that’s where I’m at now. Oh, I also don’t get the file, view, etc. dropdown boxes when I’m in citra qt. Maybe this is just because I’m not using Windows, but I’m not really sure.

System Information

• Operating System: MacOs 10.4.6
  • CPU: idk
  • GPU: i truly dk
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly 1587
  • Game: Style Savvy: Styling Star (please don’t bully me)

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
I would, but I do not have the emulation dropdown box and really would rather not research how to do this some other way.

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

I might be missing something, but I don’t seem to be able to follow the walkthrough, due to not having the dropdown thingies. Should I download a different version of Citra?

MacOS seems to have issues with some of the recent changes made in Citra. Perhaps your issue is related to that. Please try out this older Citra version to test this:
Download citra-osx-20200707-bd7ee8c.tar.gz from Release nightly-1587: Common: remove a mod from AlignUp (#5441) · citra-emu/citra-nightly · GitHub
Extract it (MacOS should be able to do this by just double clicking this) and then run the citra-qt executable found inside of the extracted folder.

Once launched, click on the View tab on the top bar and make sure Single Window Mode is enabled.

Thank you for the advice. I was able to open citra-qt and the game as well, but I still do not have the view tab. This is what it looks like on my end: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

AH! I see it now! Thank you so much for the help. I was looking in the wrong place and have now found the tabs.