Citra poor fps linux

Issue:
Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.

Hp 745 g2

• CPU: AMD A10 PRO-7350B R6, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G × 2
  • GPU: AMD radeon r6 kaveri (1gb vram)
  • [canary-1961]
  • Game: all

I was having very poor performance in windows 10, then i heard that it was because of the opengl optimization (too poor on windows for amd), and that it was better on linux, but in my case, im still having very poor fps, do i need to install anything else?

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Upload a log file please, you can find it in ~/.local/share/citra-emu/log

Click “Home” (right below My computer), if you can’t see .local then press CTRL+H to toggle hide/unhide

citra_log.txt (14.1 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1705 HEAD-edbd6dfe8
Operating System                              KDE Flatpak runtime
CPU                                           AMD A10 PRO-7350B R6, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G    | AVX | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL ?
Graphics Renderer                             AMD KAVERI (DRM 2.50.0, 5.4.0-72-generic, LLVM 11.1.0)
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

What is your speed like compared to Windows? The A10 PRO-7350B is not a fast CPU so this might be the bottleneck, it’s miles behind like the Ryzen CPUs.

mmm i dont really remember, but it was almost the same. so, nothing to do?. what other emulators should avoid?

Can you test these two old builds? I recently bisected with another user and I want to get more data from AMD users.

Log back in on Windows, I assume you still can.

https://github.com/citra-emu/citra-nightly/releases/tag/nightly-656
https://github.com/citra-emu/citra-nightly/releases/tag/nightly-655

Let me know if 655 is much faster than 656.

Sure, give me a second

1 Like

mm can you explain me how to use it. I download both (linux versions obviously), but when i extracted i double click the emulator and nothing happens

oh i didnt see the last part of your reply, no i cant boot to windows, i completly move to linux recently, sorry

Ah I see. Well it probably would be as fast as it is now on Linux. There is not much you can do with an APU from 2014 :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah it sucks, thanks for your time anyway!

1 Like