Citra Quits Unexpectedly Mac When Opening

Issue: Citra Quit Unexpectedly
Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.
My Citra file is quitting unexpectedly. Its not even happening in the middle of a game, just when I initially open the file.

System Information

• Operating System: Mac OS High Sierra
  • CPU: 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5
  • GPU: Intel HD 6000
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Latest Version
  • Game: N/A
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 4.02.48 PM

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

My Citra isn’t opening to begin with so there is no log.

MacOS didn’t like some of the recent changes made to Citra. Please try this older version to see if your issue is caused by this:
Download citra-osx-20200707-bd7ee8c.tar.gz from https://github.com/citra-emu/citra-nightly/releases/tag/nightly-1587
Extract it and then run the citra-qt executable found inside of the extracted folder.

Its telling me I dont have an application to open it. Any suggestions on which application to use?

That’s a new one for me. Then again, I’m not very experienced with MacOS unfortunately.
Could you show the exact error message?

Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 4.13.44 PM

This is the new error message I got when using the version you linked below. Perhaps I just need to use some sort of file similar to WinRaR or 7Zip

You downloaded the .7z file instead of the .tar.gz file. Please download the correct one.

Oh I see whoops. When I used the .tar.gz file it worked. Thank you!

i was having the same problem, i was wandering, did you completely deleted the previous files first and then downloaded and extracted the citra-osx-20200707-bd7ee8c.tar.gz one, or did you left te previous citra there? i am assuming it doesn’t really affect in anything other than using more space or do you have to leave the files there?