"Citra Quits Unexpectedly" Repeated Message

Issue: Citra worked fine around a month ago when I first used it, and I was going back to play a game when I opened it and it had me do an update. I did the update, and when attempting to open it after it gives the Error Message above. I have tried deleting and redownloading, downloading old versions, and restarting my mac, all did nothing. none of the other forum questions helped either, unfortunately.

System Information

• Operating System: Mac Os 10.13.6
  • CPU: Honestly don’t know how to tell any of this, not a tech person whatsoever
  • GPU:
  • Citra Version (found in title bar):
  • Game: Pokemon Ultra Sun
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
I cannot get a log as citra won’t open in the first place

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Can’t get the log, citra wont open

Try this older build: https://github.com/citra-emu/citra-nightly/releases/tag/nightly-1587 there is a change on the newer builds that macOS doesn’t like.

thank you, There are several links there is there one specific one I should click?

Figured out the links and finally got my game open so thank you! unfortunately, directly after the first sequence after talking to the professor, citra quits. It has happened 5 times at the same point

Well, now that citra opens, you can try uploading a log file xD

Link: How to upload the log file

citra_log.txt (520.7 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1588 HEAD-f4e727c
Operating System                              macOS 10.15
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz
Graphics API                                  OpenGL ?
Graphics Renderer                             AMD Radeon Pro 555X OpenGL Engine
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [ ]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [ ]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [ ]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Due to AMD’s poorly optimized OpenGL driver, you may experience slowdowns.
  • Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.

hope i did that right and i appreciate the help, ik citra doesnt need to have great customer support so the fact it is is good makes it even cooler.

I dont really know what the bot means by its explanation or how to fix it, any insight would be great

Scowered sum other forums and found i just needed to disable hardware shader, under advanced graphics. Thanks for the help tho