Citra refuses to install?

Citra just isn’t installing?
I’m trying to install Citra after it decided to alt-tab itself off of my computer, and now it just refuses to work, stating it doesn’t have access to a file that doesn’t exist. The file is

This is the log, can someone help me please?

WHY

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File

It’s not saying the file doesn’t exist, it’s saying it doesn’t have access to it. Try running the installer as an administrator (right click the installer and select “run as administrator”).

I’ve tried running as Admin, and it just has the same error.
Also, i’ve looked through my computer, and the file straight up Doesn’t Exist

You’re misunderstanding. The installer log says that it’s attempting to extract the file in that file path. It then states that it cannot write the file into the directory because of lack of permissions; “Access is denied”. Computer talk is weird like that.

Do you have any third party anti-virus software installed? If so, try adding an exception for the Citra installer into it (or temporarily disable it). If that also doesn’t work, try using a portable build instead:

Go to Download Citra - Citra and select Manual download. Then under Nightly Build, click on your operating system’s icon to the right of the latest build available to download the build.
Extract it (.7z can be extracted using Winrar or 7zip) and put it where ever you wish. Inside the extracted mingw folder, create a folder called user. This Citra should now store all of its config, save files and such inside of this user folder.
Check to make sure that this user folder is in the same folder that contains citra-qt(.exe)
Now run the citra-qt executable found inside of the mingw folder.
Downside of this portable build would be no automatic updates unfortunately.