Citra run slow when laptop is not plugged in

Issue:
Hi, i’m playing rune factory 4 in citra. when i play on battery, the game speed and fps dropped and it doesn’t run as smooth when i plugged my laptop. the speed can drop to 40-60% and fps drop around 30-40, on some parts of the game it’ll run normally (inside building/room, but it’ll go slower when im outside). my laptop is kinda new, so i think there’s no problem with memory (RAM 8GB). what can i do to improve the speed/fps when i play on battery?

System Information

• Operating System: win10
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5-3550H
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): citra nightly 1549
  • Game: rune factory 4

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Go to Nvidia Control Panel and in Manage 3D settings set Power management mode to Prefer maximum performance. If you have GeForce Experience installed turn off Battery Boost:

thank you, i already have the battery boost turned off, changed the 3d setting and it runs smoother now

1 Like

can you please explain how to do it on amd graphics because i am having the same problem but with amd graphics card and not nvidia