Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.
For some reason both standalone versions of Citra(nightly and canary) stopped wroking on my PC even though it was all fine up until 2 days ago, the emulator just freezes now when I try to emulate a game, and yet the retroarch citra core still works fine
- Operating System: Windows 10
- CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i5-3337U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.80 GHz
- GPU: Intel(R) HD Grapics 4000
- Citra Version (found in title bar): Canary 2034
- Game: Shin Megami Tensei 4
- Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
citra_log.txt (21.0 KB)
In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
The log file is incomplete. Make sure you follow the steps carefully:
- Open Citra, then go to
File>Open Citra Folder (Citra>Open Citra Folder if on MacOS) and open up the
log folder. Now keep that open in the background.
- Launch your game and encounter the problem; crash/slowdown/glitch and close Citra if it doesn’t do so by itself. Do not restart Citra as that will wipe the log of important information!
- Now upload the log file in this chat.
System Information for Support
Client Version Canary 2034 HEAD-64c9fde
Operating System Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3337U CPU @ 1.80GHz | AVX
Graphics API OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
GPU Driver Version 10.18.10.4252
CPU JIT [x]
Hardware Renderer [x]
Hardware Shader [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication [x]
Shader JIT [x]
System Region -1
Shader Disk Cache [x]
Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.
- You are running out of date drivers for your GPU. You need to install the most recent driver for your graphics card from Intel’s website. Support for Intel® Graphics
I’ve reuploaded following these steps, plz tell me if its correct now
It worked, weird that I tried to update the drivers through windows before and it said it was up to date…
This driver is out of date. To update, download
win64_188.8.131.5261.zip from Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.33]
Mirror download: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/29969/a08/win64_184.108.40.20661.zip
Then follow this guide to install it: https://www.howtogeek.com/343287/how-to-fix-the-driver-being-installed-is-not-validated-for-this-computer-on-intel-computers/
Furthermore, because your iGPU has driver bugs, you’ll need to use an older version of Citra in order to prevent random freezing and crashing from occurring until you upgrade your hardware:
citra-windows-mingw-20191214-ddb7ead.7z from Release nightly-1392: Merge pull request #5020 from jroweboy/dynamic-mf · citra-emu/citra-nightly · GitHub
Extract it using Winrar or 7zip. Put the extracted folder anywhere you want. Now run citra-qt.exe from the folder and run your game.