Citra stays on a single frame when playing Bowser Jr.'s Journey

Citra keeps hanging on the same frame when playing Bowser Jr.'s Journey:
whenever i use citra to play the new Bowser Jr.'s Journey, it lets me play for about 20 minutes untill it stops. it just shows me a single frame. it doesn’t crash however, since i still hear music and sound effects. whenever i press buttons, i can hear the sound effects, so it doesn’t crash but it still hangs on that one frame. the issue is gone when i restart citra, but it’s still really annoying to restart it every 20 minutes.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-6300U CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.50 GHz
  • GPU: Intel® HD Graphics Family
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1170
  • Game: Mario & Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story & Bowser Jr.'s Journey
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):
    (it’s stuck on this frame.)

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
<citra_log.txt (4.0 KB)

Your log is incomplete, run the game until the issue occurs, close citra and don’t open it again at this point, open the folder C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Citra\Log and upload your log.

citra_log.txt (22.7 KB)
here’s the complete version.

I found some issues in that log that need resolving:

• Citra is currently utilizing open-source system files which may cause emulation to be less accurate, but not affect system stability.

Disable ‘Enable Hardware Shader’ before launching the game.

1 Like

I tried it, and instead of hanging on a single frame, citra just crashes and shuts down.

Make sure to disable ‘Enable Hardware Shader’ and not ‘Enable Hardware Renderer’. if it crashes upload your log again.

i made sure i did it, and it still crashed. here’s the log.citra_log.txt (19.8 KB)

I found some issues in that log that need resolving:

• Citra is currently utilizing open-source system files which may cause emulation to be less accurate, but not affect system stability.

Try downloading and installing the latest driver available for your GPU from intel’s website. it seems that citra is crashing but without logging why it crashed.