Citra stops working after adding a rom

Issue:
I installed citra and tried to run a game, I added the rom file and then after few seconds it shows citra stopped working.

System Information
Windows 7
Dual Core
Pokemon Omega Ruby
Ram 4GB

Diagnostic Logcitra_log.txt (15.6 KB)

Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Your GPU only supports OpenGL 3.1, citra minimum requirement is OpenGL 3.3. you can try something like this, which is unsupported and not recommended, if you have any question regarding this method ask on that thread.
btw, on linux, mesa nouveau driver supports OpenGL 3.3 for your GPU.

Please Help An error occured on the video core

I used to install Ubuntu purely because of that, and I have to say I enjoyed the OS very much :grin:. The only reason I uninstall it and use MESA was that I screwed up while installing 18.04 beta :disappointed:

updates and upgrades can get messy, works well (when it works) though.

I know, but at the time the GCC (correct me if I’m wrong) requirements for Ubuntu had increased from 5 to 7, which means that I have to update 16.04 LTS to 18.04 beta to install GCC 7. Unfortunately, I screwed things up really bad, and as a result, I loss all of my important files, including many saves I had.
I really miss Ubuntu though, the time I had with it sure was memorable. If I have a chance to reinstall it, I would happily do so, but the only thing that preventing me right now is my hard disk’s size :disappointed: