Citra Suspended before starting

I used the latest installer to download citra and neither canary or nightly will launch. The citra-qt show up in task manager then disappear/ say suspended then disappear. I also turned off my antivirus and added an exception to my windows defender, still happens. I would appreciate any and all help.

System Information

• Operating System: Win 10
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-6200U
  • GPU: AMD Radeon R5 M330
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Latest that is currently available
  • Game:
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (98 Bytes)
log.txt (6.0 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

citra_log.txt (98 Bytes)

These logs seem a bit weird. Make sure the Global Log Filter is set to *:Info like this guide says.
Could you also please tell us which Citra version you’re trying to launch? Like Citra Nightly 1669 or Citra Canary 1903.

I used both canary and nightly builds, none works

Edit: Nightly Build - 3f13e1c and Canary Build - 6385727

Open winver and tell us what Windows 10 version is installed (1903, 1909, 2004, 20H2 etc.).

Mine is 1909! Thank you!

Yea, that’s a problematic windows version for Citra. We’ve had multiple reports of it not allowing users to launch Citra. Please update to Windows 10 2004 or 20H2. That seems to fix the problem.

My windows is now 20H2, but it still has the same problem, suspended before starting. Please help, I am starting to get desperate.

Log file : citra_log.txt (98 Bytes)

Do you have a ROM dumped in a non-.cia format? If so, try drag-and-dropping the file itself into the citra.exe file. See if that launches anything.

I used a .3ds ROM but it’s still suspended.

Bumping the thread to oblivion

Maybe there are corrupt Windows files. Try do this:

Open the command prompt (cmd.exe) as admin and type:
sfc /scannow
Then reboot your computer (Start -> Restart) then see if you can open Citra. If that doesn’t work, open the command prompt (cmd.exe) as admin again and type:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
After that, reboot again and do another sfc /scannow just in case.

If nothing works then perhaps there is a more underlying problem so you might need to reformat the computer. Yes it is a drastic solution but if it has been awhile (like 3-5 years) then maybe it needs it. I had some issues updating from 1903 -> 1909 -> 2004 (same day) but a reformat then clean reinstall of 2004 from USB (you can make a bootable USB installation of Windows 10 with the Media Creation Tool) fixed it.

Edit* Try this:

This user had the same user as you with the same hardware.