Citra to 3DS/3DS to Citra..save files

hell0 guys & gals,
do i need to add user iD information or even my username, from my console to Citra, if i use the same save files from citra to 3DS, and vice-verca, back and forth?

i mean, on the console, i guess save files contain the info of your username and console iD, so can it cause issue on the long term if i use the same save files back-and-forth, with my console and Citra?

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

You do not need to use the same username/info from your 3DS.

1 Like

hi and thanks for the reply Leo!
i dont need my username and console id on citra, but what if i transfer my save file back into my console? like, if i do it in both ways multiple times… will i need to have my username and console id on citra if i use the save file again on the 3ds console after saving in Citra?
Sorry if its a noob question but i’m starting to really love Citra emulator and i love the fact that i can play the same game saves from the console to Citra and vice-verca, its pretty nice!

Generally, game save files aren’t really tied to your username and console ID.

1 Like

thanks for the reply Koopa!
good to know! i tought they where tied to the console’s id.
And, does Citra save the games the same way then the real console? i think i read somewhere that Citra is not yet able to save everything at 100% alike the console, but i’m not sure…

Are there any parts of info that cannot be saved from Citra, when saving game progress?

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Saving functionality works the same way it does on 3DS. Off the top of my head, the only instance of this not being the case is that Animal Crossing: New Leaf has had instances of corrupted save data.

This may have been referring to save states, a feature in some other emulators.

nice! thanks for the info!
curiosity: do you know the reason why AnimalCrossing had issue with saving? was there missing datas in the save file? just trying to understand how it corrupted if it saves the exact same way then the console… can it be a game-update issue?

Also, since you mention save states…i am curious: save state/load state feature is something you guys intend to add at one point or not really? personally, i always prefer saving games ‘the normal way’ , but i remember finding it pretty useful when playing snes emulator and needed to run outside quick, it could also be useful for streaming purposes :slight_smile:
Eitherway, i dont really mind if it would never get implemented :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t know the specifics of the problem, it doesn’t seem to be documented in a GitHub issue.

Eventually, yes.