Citra unplayable after today's update

Trying to boot up Pokemon X or Y (I tried both) after the update will either cause citra to crash or blackscreen. Occasionally I can load it, but it will then either crash or blackscreen when I try to use the PC or do other in-game things. Pokemon Moon works fine for some reason, just the usual occasional blackscreens/crashes

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 64-bit
  • CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.40 GHz
  • GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 520
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly 1739
  • Game: Pokemon X and Y
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
citra_log.txt (39.6 KB)

1 Like

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1739 HEAD-60d1def
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             Intel(R) HD Graphics 520
GPU Driver Version                            26.20.100.7325
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Can I get help with this?

This driver is out of date. To update, download win64_25.20.100.6373.zip from Legacy Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10
Mirror download: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/28289/a08/win64_25.20.100.6373.zip

Then follow this guide to install it: https://www.howtogeek.com/343287/how-to-fix-the-driver-being-installed-is-not-validated-for-this-computer-on-intel-computers/

Now you should be able to install the latest DCH drivers directly:
Download and install igfx_win_101.1191.exe from Intel® Graphics – Windows* DCH Drivers
Mirror download: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/691496/igfx_win_101.1191.exe

It says I have drivers newer than these ones already installed. Are you sure this will help?

That is normal. The first driver that I told you to install in my instructions is a legacy driver. They’re not technically meant for actual use. The driver I linked later in my message is the one that is actually up to date.

The reason we tell you to install that legacy driver manually first (using the guide) is because many Intel iGPU systems, like your own, come installed with a proprietary driver that prevents you from updating to that latest available DCH driver for your iGPU. The guide mentions a couple reasons as to why system integrators install those restrictive drivers, but they’re mostly for the system integrator’s sake, not yours. Installing a driver manually gets around that restriction, which means that after that, the most up to date DCH driver can be installed directly. So that old driver won’t be the one you’ll use in the end.