Citra/User File Disappeared In Nightly-Mingw

Hello everyone! I’ve been using Citra without an issue for the past two weeks until I loaded up my PC this evening, just to find my key files in Nightly-mingw have gone missing. Namely the citra application files, the user file that contained my save states, cheats and other things, just disappeared. I didn’t really do anything out of the ordinary when I last closed Citra, and I haven’t deleted any files on my computer either, here’s a screenshot of the folder I always used, and what it looks like now.

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Did you perhaps transfer over your save states from another build and tried to use those? If so, it’s possible that might’ve screwed things up. Save States don’t just save your game’s state, they save the entirety of Citra’s state. This means they also load any errors that occured and by definition, they cannot be moved from the directory they were saved in or loaded on another Citra build as that will cause a bunch of weird folder issues.

Did you use the installer or did you extract a manual build?

I ended up finding the files somehow but yeah I transferred the save states, that’s probably why.