Citra won't even launch

Issue:
i’ve tried reinstalling, updating, restarting my computer, even reinstalling c++ but it still won’t seem to open. it was opening fine last year but all of a sudden it won’t open at all. no error or anything, just my cursor loads for a bit then nothing happens

System Information

• Operating System: win10
  • CPU: AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics
  • GPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): latest, cant open citra therefore cant check the title bar
  • Game: launcher
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):
    citra_log.txt (7.6 KB)

No game was booted in your log. If you are experiencing a crash then do not open citra again until after you posted the log as it gets purged when you reopen citra.
For more information, see How to Upload the Log File

citra_log.txt (7.6 KB)

No game was booted in your log. If you are experiencing a crash then do not open citra again until after you posted the log as it gets purged when you reopen citra.
For more information, see How to Upload the Log File

can a mod please help me or something because i cant even open a game if my citra wont launch

Type winver into your Windows search bar and launch the prompt when it pops up. Tell what Windows 10 update version it says you’re on. Also check whether it says you’re on a Windows 10 N version.

this good?

Yup, version 1909. Update your Windows version to at least 2004 or newer. We’ve had reports of users sometimes being unable to launch Citra on 1909 specifically.

1 Like

Seemed to work!! Thank you so much :)) citra opens and runs fine now that i’ve updated it