Citra wont launch any games

Citra wont launch any games, not prior to updates or after. Been at this for the last days, but I cant figure it out on my own.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: Inter Core iS-7400CPU @3.00GHz, 3001 M
  • GPU: NVIDA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
  • Citra Version: 1485
  • Game: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire decrypted
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296citra_log.txt (5.6 KB)

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Canary 1485 HEAD-2aaef8a
OpenGL Vendor                                 null
OpenGL Renderer                               null
OpenGL Version                                null
Enable Hardware Renderer                      [x]
Enable Hardware Shader                        [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [ ]
Hardware Shader, Geometry Shaders             null
Enable Shader JIT                             [x]
Enable Vsync                                  null
System Region                                 -1

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.

OpenGL Vendor                                 null
OpenGL Renderer                               null
OpenGL Version                                null

• Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.

Did you accidentally restart Citra before uploading the log?

Make sure you do the following

1. have the log folder open
  2. start the game then close Citra(do not reopen Citra).
  3. upload the log

If it the log still doesn’t catch the error(s) maybe the game is corrupted and you should redump using the guides:

Maybe, yeah. Here`s the new log. Still no luck tho.

Tried three different games, and re-DL the old ones as well.
citra_log.txt (27.4 KB)

OpenGL Vendor                                 Intel
OpenGL Renderer                               Intel(R) HD Graphics 630
OpenGL Version                                3.3.0
GPU Driver Version                            23.20.16.4974

Yeah see if deleting the file(s) that the FAQ mention help.

These drivers are outdated, you need to update.

download win64_25.20.100.6373.zip from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28289/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10
direct link: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/28289/a08/win64_25.20.100.6373.zip

then follow this guide to install it: https://www.howtogeek.com/343287/how-to-fix-the-driver-being-installed-is-not-validated-for-this-computer-on-intel-computers/

After you have installed that you can if you want update further: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29058/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=97147 (download the .exe this time).

But you said you have a GTX 1050 Ti, are you sure you plugged your monitor correctly? It seems you might have connected it to your motherboard’s output instead of the graphics card(which is is not surrounded by USB ports etc.).

I fixed the problem by downloading a “fix” file i found on a youtube link. Solved the issue.

All my drivers are up to date.

Regarding the monitor, I have no idea. Currently using av TV-screen with HDMI as a monitor. Not sure how that affects anything.

The PC is a custombuild that has been done by someone else then me…

I see, well look at the back of your PC and double check that it’s connected to the graphics card and not the motherboard because Citra would’ve detected your GTX 1050 Ti if it was but it was using the Intel HD Graphics 630 which would be used if it was connected to the motherboard.

I can see you have i5-7400 which is a desktop chip which is why I’m telling you this because if I wanted to use my iGPU on my desktop PC I would just have to replug into the motherboard instead.

hey guys i have the exact same issue but i managed to somehow make it boot the games once again i have no idea how or why i just randomly clicked around in the citra configuration settings but then if i close citra and reopen it and try to play the issue is back and i have no idea how to replicate the fix i tried clicking around again but that didnt work, so i learned some important things: 1. the roms are working just fine as they got loaded with no issue 2. when the citra-qt closes itself after trying to launch a game it puts nothing inside the log file, it acts as if you closed citra even tho it closed itself; my citra never had such issue i have the same pc and a few months ago everything worked just fine, could it be that windows 10 updates mess around with graphics drivers or something? sorry for this long message but i seen many people starting to encounter this same issue