Citra wont run on my imac only terminal opens. Need help

In desperate need of help. i installed citra and when i try to open it the only thing that happens is this on the terminal. Please help i am doing this on mac and I am a noob with mac code.

Last login: Fri Oct 12 20:20:02 on ttys001

admins-iMac:~ DreamMachine$ /Applications/Citra/nightly/citra-qt.app/Contents/MacOS/citra-qt-bin ; exit;

dyld: Symbol not found: __ZdlPvSt11align_val_t

Referenced from: /Applications/Citra/nightly/citra-qt.app/Contents/MacOS/citra-qt-bin (which was built for Mac OS X 10.13)

Expected in: /usr/lib/libc++.1.dylib

in /Applications/Citra/nightly/citra-qt.app/Contents/MacOS/citra-qt-bin

Trace/BPT trap: 5

logout

Saving session…

…copying shared history…

…saving history…truncating history files…

…completed.

[Process completed]

After that nothing happens no app opens. Please help

CPU - I5 2.7GHZ
GPU AMD RADEON HD 6770M 512 MB
OSX EL CAPITAN
12 GB RAM

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

How do i provide a log file if the application wont run? the only thing that happens is what i pasted which is what comes up on the terminal.

I’m having the same trouble with mac mini 10.12.6 and nightly 1050

There’s an issue with libraries on 10.12. You should update to 10.13, or better, 10.14, which has full C++17 support.

1 Like
Citra doesnt open on my mac, it just opens the terminal. help
Stuck on Terminal
Citra stocks at the Terminal process
Stuck at terminal page ( mac )
Citra doesn't open on MacOS 10.12.6
Opening Citra on Mac causes terminal to open
Issues opening citra
Terminal wont work
Citra doesn't start in my Mac

Hey there! My mac also used to be like that. I’m afraid the only solution for me was to restart it. But, there might be another solution.

I’ve got this same issue, but I’m afraid I can’t update my Mac because some of my older programs (which I really do need) won’t run on newer versions, so I’m kinda stuck with Sierra.

Thanks, I looked back a couple weeks on the forum, but I guess I shoulda gone back further.
Sure hope this goes away soon. Sierra’s not even that old! I’d hate to never be able to use the new audio emulation.