Command line Citra can't find my config file

Issue:

Citra-QT uses my configuration just fine, which is located at ~/.config/citra-emu/qt-config.ini. As a test I turned off CPU-JIT. When I run Citra using the command line bin, it doesn’t use the config and seems to revert to a default one, as you can see in the log the CPU-JIT is enabled again. It also doesn’t use my control config.

Can I put a symlink somewhere to my qt-config file so that the command line citra can find it too? My user dir is at ~/.local/share/citra-emu.

I’ve tried to find the answer myself but unfortunately I couldn’t find it. I’d appreciate any help :slight_smile:

edit: oh yes, I should mention I installed Citra using the regular download on the site, so it’s in /Applications/Citra/nightly.

System Information

• Operating System: Mac OS X 10.14.4
  • CPU: 2,2 GHz Intel Core i7
  • GPU: Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra HEAD 49f6f11
  • Game: homebrew

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (7.2 KB)

System Information for Support

OpenGL Vendor                                 Intel Inc.
OpenGL Renderer                               Intel(R) HD Graphics 6000
OpenGL Version                                null
Enable Hardware Renderer                      [x]
Enable Hardware Shader                        [ ]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [ ]
Hardware Shader, Geometry Shaders             [x]
Enable Shader JIT                             [x]
System Region                                 -1

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.

OpenGL Vendor                                 Intel Inc.
OpenGL Renderer                               Intel(R) HD Graphics 6000
System Region                                 -1

• Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.

are you running the citra-qt or just citra?

Just citra. I’ve started doing 3DS development so I was testing simply by invoking citra myfile.3dsx.

It does actually work when I run the citra-qt binary instead! Thanks for letting me know. Still, I’d be curious how I can customize the options for the regular citra binary.

edit the ‘sdl-config.ini’ file instead, its in the same folder and the ‘qt-config.ini’ file.

Sorry for replying so late. This thread slipped my mind for a few days… :upside_down_face:

Thanks for letting me know that sdl-config.ini is the right file to edit. Unfortunately I’ve had mixed results with it. I couldn’t just copy over my QT settings, it seems. For example, the control settings are apparently parsed differently, since button_a="code:70,engine:keyboard" choked on keyboard", believing the quotation mark to be part of the engine name. I got the log to stop complaining after I removed the quotation marks, but then the keys still wouldn’t work.

I’ve attached the log and the settings I was using for sdl2-config.ini.

log.txt (10.8 KB)
sdl2-config.ini (19.1 KB)

But it might not be a problem because I’ve just switched to using citra-qt which does work fine. I guess the controls might be parsed differently because the regular citra bin doesn’t have QT?

OpenGL Vendor                                 ATI Technologies Inc.
OpenGL Renderer                               AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 OpenGL Engine
Enable Vsync                                  null
LLE Audio Emulation Enabled                   null
System Region                                 [ ]

Yes, i’m also unable to customize the controls for the sdl frontend, you can submit this issue here.