Constant crashing several minutes into the game, log says ClCertA file missing

Issue:
Playing Fire Emblem Fates, didn’t have any issues when I played on the same computer several months ago, but now I can only play for about 5-10 minutes at a time before the emulator freezes for a few seconds and closes itself. I’ve updated my GPU drivers, and have Accurate Multiplication enabled in configuration, to no avail. The last thing in the log is “[ 7.679710] Service.HTTP core/hle/service/http_c.cpp:DecryptClCertA:826: ClCertA file missing”, and the only other help I’ve found online regarding it is to apply the changes I’ve already performed.

EDIT: I’m unsure if this is relevant but upon trying to save the game in Fates, it tells me it’s unable to access the save data (the game, not the emulator). This is a new issue; save data worked fine before.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i7-8700 @ 3.20 GHz
  • GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly 1745
  • Game: 3DS1456 - Fire Emblem Fates - Special Edition (USA) Decrypted
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (55.9 KB)

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1745 HEAD-45a4a56
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            511.23
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [ ]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1745 HEAD-45a4a56
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            511.23
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [ ]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

This sounds an aweful lot like a save state related issue. Did you perhaps transfer save states from another Citra instance to your current one?

I didn’t do that, although I am using savestates. All of the states I’ve made have been on this device, and even though I’ve updated Citra recently, I haven’t loaded any states from the prior version. Also, loading the state doesn’t crash the emu, it pauses for a bit but it loads just fine. But if you’re suggesting that not using states would prevent the bug that’d be a sacrifice I’m willing to make.

It will be best to test out whether the issue occurs without the use of save states. Since those tend to make things unstable in the long run. They’re techinically only meant to be used within single gaming sessions, not beyond them.