Control Profile bindings not working after closing and reopening Citra

Issue:
The controller bindings I have set up stop working whenever I close Citra and reopen it. The profiles are all still there, and they even have all the correct buttons already listed, but they don’t work when I actually open a game and push the buttons. This basically means I have to manually rebind my controller every single time I open Citra. As far as I can tell, this extends to all of my controller profiles, and even to things like cemuhookup using BetterJoy for gyro controls and Citra’s built-in button bindings for touch actions, it all stops working every single time. If this is important, I use a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller that I put through BetterJoy so I can use things like gyro in games. I thought this might have something to do with the issue, but even without using BetterJoy and just using the Pro Controller directly through Citra, the problem still persists. I keep up to date with the current nightly builds but this issue has existed for me ever since I started using Citra months ago. I included a screenshot of the controller binding screen and a diagnostic log, although I’m not sure how helpful those will be considering this seems to be an issue with the Citra application itself and not any particular game.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz
  • GPU: Nvidia GeForce MX150
  • Citra Version: Citra Nightly 1718
  • Game: Not Applicable/Affects all games
  • Screenshot of Issue:

Diagnostic Log

citra_log.txt (22.5 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1718 HEAD-dd31ed6
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             GeForce MX150/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            442.23
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• You are running out of date drivers for your GPU. You need to install the most recent driver for your graphics card from NVIDIA’s website. Download Drivers | NVIDIA

This issue happens seeminly at random to only some users. Making it difficult to find out what exactly is causing it. Though it appears to almost always have something to do with the bluetooth connection. Can you try seeing if the same issue occurs when connecting your controller via wire? Make sure to create a seperate controller profile for it and test to see if the binds remain after reconnecting the controller via wire.

It’s good to know that the issue is known, at least! After doing some testing just now, I can confirm that controller profiles do work completely fine using a wired connection, remembering the inputs after disconnecting the controller, closing and reopening Citra, everything. And this includes touchscreen bindings on buttons and gyro settings. So I would assume that you’re correct in it having something to do with bluetooth. So I can at least use a cord if the inputs not saving continues to be an issue. Thank you for the response! Hopefully this problem will get figured out eventually.