Controller Configuration not there

Issue:
Can’t find configuration file for Mac.!

System Information

So I was playing Mario Kart 7 on Citra when I realized that my Controller wasn’t working. I went to look it up and i found some solutions but when I looked it up in my folder. It was a windows file that I couldn’t open. Can anyone help?

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

There is no configuration icon.

“qt-config.ini” is a plain-text file, you can open it with any text editor you have.

Does any other app detect the controller?

Ok. I just got into the file. What do I do next?

This is what I see.

Honestly, I just wanted to help you open the file in case you were following a guide.

If it helps, in my experience Citra detected the controller on its own after pairing it with the Operating System. I use an Xbox360 controller on Windows.

Another thing I had to do was to provide the button mapping myself. I just clicked the many UI buttons in the Input configuration, “[press key]” appeared on the UI button and then I hit the desired button on the controller.

Other than that, I’m not sure what else you could do as I’m just a user, sorry

• JC

So long as your PC picks up your controller inputs, you can map it in the menu that @jcespinoza has sent a screenshot of. In mac you should be able to find it in Citra>Preferences>Controls.

How do I access that? Through Go?

How can you get to the file itself that you listed Snake? Do you have to go to the citra log text itself?

I just found it out. Thank you Snake!