Controller disconnects when I open citra

Issue:
I have an Afterglow Deluxe Wireless Switch controller connected to my computer that I like to use for games to save my wrists some pain. This controller apparently can only run on my pc through bluetooth, and has done so just fine in the past, but whenever I open citra my controller disconnects. I’ve looked up a bit on hotplugging, which probably explains why it isnt properly reconnecting, but I haven’t seen anything on it disconnecting upon opening the program. If I close citra and press any button on it, the controller reconnects just fine. I apologize if this is a simple fix that I missed.
(edit: correction on controller functions)

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 home

• CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i3-7100U CPU @ 2.40GHz

• GPU: Intel(R) HD Praphics 620

• Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1757

• Game:

• Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
citra_log.txt (5.2 KB)
citra_log.txt.old.txt (5.4 KB)

No game was booted in your log. If you are experiencing a crash then do not open citra again until after you posted the log as it gets purged when you reopen citra.
For more information, see How to Upload the Log File

No game was booted in your log. If you are experiencing a crash then do not open citra again until after you posted the log as it gets purged when you reopen citra.
For more information, see How to Upload the Log File

a friend did just inform me that afterglows are generally finicky with computers, so it may just be the controller

Citra has had issues in the past with third party controllers. Though it usually works so long as there’s a different driver affecting it. Try running Citra through steam and see if the issue remains (steam provides the controller drivers this way).