Controller not omnidirectional analog stick

Issue:
When im playing Pokemon Y, and use my Xbox Controller i only can move 8 different directs : left, right, up, down, up-left, up-right, down-left, down-right. It doesnt fluidly transition between them like how its supposed to. Ive seen many people have the same problem but none of the solutions fixed it for me. I’ve tested my controller outside Citra and its analog stick moves smoothly, ive tapped the “set analog stick” in controls for everything.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2678 @ 2.5GHz
  • GPU: GTX 1080
  • Citra Version: Nightly 1659
  • Game: Pokemon Y
  • Screenshot of Issue: Cant really show as an image

Diagnostic Logcitra_log.txt (64.7 KB)
Eventhough i don’t this will help

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1659 HEAD-3f13e1c
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2678 v3 @ 2.50GHz
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             GeForce GTX 1080/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            457.30
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [ ]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

You need to setup with “Set Analog Stick” button in order to get the full 360 degrees.

Make sure you are following the popup correctly. It should be left or right (horizontal) then up or down (vertical).

It works correctly with my PS3 controller which emulates a 360 controller.

Its already all been set properly, but still doesn’t work

Unfortunately it will say the same if you set it up incorrectly in that window as if it was correct.

But are you sure this game has smooth diagonal movement?

It does but only outside. Inside buildings it’s regular old blocky movement :stuck_out_tongue:

@Abbas1 Wait untill you get a bit further in the game.

Ohhh sooo sorry my bad i didn’t know, is that the same with Pokemon Omega Ruby as I play that game aswell

It’s the same in Pokemon ORAS. Only difference being is that in Pokemon X and Y you are limited to free smooth directional movement when using the rollarskates thingy you get early on in the game, whereas in Pokemon ORAS you get that smooth movement from the get-go (at least outside).
Only in pokemon moon/sun and their ultra variants do you have full smooth movement everywhere.