The game crashes with “Shader not Linked” when switching vehicles or when completing the Hard difficulty version of the first mission.
Win7 x64 Home Premium SP1
Intel I7 3770
Nvidia GTX 760
citra-windows-msvc-20170516-8d55877 (happens on older builds as well, both nightly and bleeding edge)
Runabout 3D Drive Impossible/Crash City Mayhem
Screenshot of Issue:
3rd party applications such as?
Can’t really think of anything I got running in the background that’d screw with it. Malwarebytes, Spybot S&D, Microsoft Security Essentials, nvtray.exe, Discord, PWRISOVM.exe and Steam, that’s about it.
I’ve tested the game (Crash City Mayhem), and the same problem shows up here, everytime, in the same way. So, it’s safe to say it’s not any 3rd party app fault (I’m not running anything but Citra). Same results for the most recent nightly and Bleeding Edge builds.
Both logs are incomplete. They miss a couple of lines each (those which would be important).
This probably has to do with buffering in your terminal (Citra crashes before your terminal has finished outputting all of its messages).
However, this seems to be related to cubemapping and tangent bumpmapping.
which means that it didn’t set up the surface_normal variable in the shader. the very next line in the shader (line 508) attempts to use that variable, but it wasn’t actually declared, so the shader fails to compile. Then citra attempts to use the shader, but since it didn’t compile, it doesn’t exist, so it just crashes horribly.
The fix for this is to implement tangent mapping but i have no clue how to do that shrugs
Is there an issue for this game on github? if not i’ll go ahead an make one
okay. i did start working on it last night. The issue is a missing lighting function in the hardware renderer, so i checked the software renderer to see how its supposed to work… and the software renderer doesn’t have any lighting methods at all which is kinda dumb. So the fix is going to take a lot more work, since I’ll need to implement it in software first and write a test case for this (and then finally fix the issue). So I can’t say if i’ll ever finish working on this, as I tend to project hop often (working on other things for citra right now as well) But I’ve been looking for a good “first graphics issue” to get into the graphics code, and this seems doable. when i make a tracking issue for this on github, I’ll link it back here in case you wanna watch progress