Crash in Mario vs Donkey Kong - Tipping Stars

Issue:
When the mini Mario’s move up or down on an angled platform the game crashes. Sound keeps playing but FPS goes to “0”

System Information
Windows 10 Pro 21H2 (19044.1503)
AMD Ryzen 7 5700G w/Radeon Graphics
Nightly 1748
Mario vs Donkey Kong Tipping Stars (ID - 000400000012C800)

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
log file

thanks

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File

I looked it up because I thought it sounded familiar. Turns out that this is a known issue: https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/issues/4554
You’ll need to wait for emulator improvements.

I’m not trying to tell you your business but comparing the logs linked in that issue with what I am getting seems to be two different issues. The log message they were getting over and over compared to what I am getting both come from HW.GPU but are different messages. Also that person states the game slows right down while this is for a ‘freeze’. And again only happens if the game characters move up/down on an angled slope, otherwise the game seems to run great.

So maybe the the end answer is still wait for emulator improvements I just wanted to make note of possibly being two different issues.

thanks!

One of the log files is theirs, the other is yours. Now, I may not be a genius, but I can’t tell these apart without scrolling up and looking for other information. You have a similar problem, with the exact same type of GPU error message, happening in the same game, at the same spot. I’d be very surprised if these issues are not the exact same thing, let alone them not being related at all.

You mentioned that the behavior prior to the issue is different, but that may just be a coincidence. The hardware used is different, as well as the Citra version used. All these things might’ve contributed.

It might help to try the Citra version they were using and seeing if the crash still occurs for you or if its only a slowdown, like the report said. If you get the same slowdown, then we know that somewhere between that build and the current ones another regression occured.