Crash when starting game

Issue:
I’ve just installed citra from flatpack repo and try to play. However, when I try to start a game, emulator crashes.

System Information

• Operating System: Ubuntu 18.10
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz
  • GPU: GeForce GTX 960
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1156
  • Game: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Clicking open log location don’t do anything, so I’ll show terminal output:

[email protected]:~$ flatpak run org.citra.citra-nightly
libGL error: No matching fbConfigs or visuals found
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
No XVisualInfo for format QSurfaceFormat(version 2.0, options QFlags<QSurfaceFormat::FormatOption>(), depthBufferSize -1, redBufferSize 1, greenBufferSize 1, blueBufferSize 1, alphaBufferSize -1, stencilBufferSize -1, samples -1, swapBehavior QSurfaceFormat::SwapBehavior(SingleBuffer), swapInterval 1, colorSpace QSurfaceFormat::ColorSpace(DefaultColorSpace), profile  QSurfaceFormat::OpenGLContextProfile(NoProfile))
Falling back to using screens root_visual.
Gtk-Message: GtkDialog mapped without a transient parent. This is discouraged.
No XVisualInfo for format QSurfaceFormat(version 2.0, options QFlags<QSurfaceFormat::FormatOption>(), depthBufferSize -1, redBufferSize 1, greenBufferSize 1, blueBufferSize 1, alphaBufferSize -1, stencilBufferSize -1, samples -1, swapBehavior QSurfaceFormat::SwapBehavior(SingleBuffer), swapInterval 1, colorSpace QSurfaceFormat::ColorSpace(DefaultColorSpace), profile  QSurfaceFormat::OpenGLContextProfile(NoProfile))

…

No XVisualInfo for format QSurfaceFormat(version 3.3, options QFlags<QSurfaceFormat::FormatOption>(), depthBufferSize 0, redBufferSize 1, greenBufferSize 1, blueBufferSize 1, alphaBufferSize -1, stencilBufferSize 0, samples -1, swapBehavior QSurfaceFormat::SwapBehavior(SingleBuffer), swapInterval 0, colorSpace QSurfaceFormat::ColorSpace(DefaultColorSpace), profile  QSurfaceFormat::OpenGLContextProfile(CoreProfile))
Could not initialize GLX

Last line appears right before crash.

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Another thing to mention: everything works when I run citra as normal program and not via flatpak.

it seems to be a problem with nvidia proprietary drivers and flatpak, take a look at this thread:

This is the problem with NVIDIA and Flatpak. You have to have the drivers inside and outside the sandbox on the same exact version or else things will break. Which means you will have to wait until someone updates the nvidia driver on Flathub to include the one you have on your system. I hope a different solution can be found for the nvidia drivers because this is not working for gamers who want the latest and the greatest.

This guide goes through on how to find which driver version you are currently on and which version the flatpak app has been built with and what you can do to get it to work.