Crash when trying to load game

Issue:
Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.

System Information

• Operating System: window 10 64
  • CPU: i5 6400t 2.20 GHz
  • GPU: HD 530 graphics
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): nightly 1100
  • Game: ultramoon
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
citra_log.txt (4.0 KB)

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

Your log is incomplete, open citra, launch the game, when it crashes close citra and don’t open it again, open the folder C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Citra\log and upload your log again.

citra_log.txt (16.0 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

I hope I just posted the log corectly

Set the internal resolution to native and ‘Region’ to ‘Auto-select’ on Emulation > Configure > General. also disable ‘Enable Hardware Shader’. did you install any update?

Also your save file may be corrupted, right click on the game on the game list and ‘Open Save Data Location’ go up to folder 00040000 and move the folder you came from. (this will be the save folder, for ultramoon that will be 001B5100)

the setup is on default I haven’t tinkered with anything, it happens on both the nightly and canary builds with any game I try to load, I click on it and it tries to run then it shuts downs completely closing citra I have all the Microsoft c ++ and .NET famework up to date.

Do the following then:
download and extract the latest nightly build, inside of it (where citra-qt.exe is located) create a folder and name it user.

copy the nand (system archives) folder from C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Citra\ to the user folder you’ve just created. (now this citra folder is in portable mode, with clean config)

open the citra-qt.exe and launch your game.

my citra folder in roaming only has config and log, should it have a nand folder?

huh, yeah, dump your system archives:

okay yeah so i used the subwars method for homebrew on this, and braindump for my games, but more importantly i used an application labeled 3dsutils-master on my homebrew launcher to dump just a nand file. what do i do with this? i just started this yesterday and im really lost (old 3ds 11.8)

My current issue right now is i want to run super mario 3d world, and mk7. sm3dw loads up, gives me a blue screen for the title screen background sequence while displaying the title of the game over it, then proceeds to crash upon loading the new save it makes every time the game is loaded. mk7 just loads with the spinning wheel, and when you press “a” it goes black and quickly dips from 60fps to 0. everything ive found to fix it is outdated, confusing, or sketchy (downloaded roms and saves) id like to do this 100% legit off my 3ds. also, help me like im 5 years old.

First off, i really really appreciate the amount of effort youre already putting into this. Im using an rx460 xfx paired with an intel i5-3470 and 16gb of ram on windows 10. i updated my amd graphics drivers last week. also, all the guides ive found for installing godmode involve luma or whatever, do i need anything else to install it if i already use sub wars homebrew?

can i just copy paste godmode9 into homebrew like braindump? i dont want to brick my system

i lost track of the thread, i thought you were OP lol, ignore the driver installation i mentioned before.
Read the guide on how to boot9strap. also create a new thread, your issue is unrelated to this thread.

@ummm
Your GPU drivers are outdated, here’s a link to the download page on intel’s website:
(on the left hand side, on available downloads)

Download and install it, restart your pc.

oh dang sorry bro lol can you help me on that one if you have the time?

create a new thread, you have to follow the guide for yourself (there are warnings), there are many youtube videos explaining the process, also the website i mentioned is pretty clear if you read it carefully.

also some other users or moderators can guide you through the steps.

okay thanks man, if you want to stop by i named the topic “help with graphics issues”