Crashing in Fire emblem three houses

Hello, I have been playing for the past week with no problems at all in version 1.2.0, today I got to part 2 of the black eagles playthrough, and the game crashes right after the cutscene where they explain the current state of the world. I’ve tried changing it from vulkan to opengl, and changing the gpu accuracy from normal to high. (Been playing on vulkan and normal gpu with 0 problems). Thank you in advance for any help.

System:
CPU: Intel core i3-10100F
GPU: AMD Radeon R7 260x with 21.5.2
RAM: 16GB DDR4.

yuzu_log.txt (1.1 MB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                               yuzu 1080
Operating System                             Windows 10 Version 21H2 (Build 19044.1766)
CPU                                          Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-10100F CPU @ 3.60GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                 Vulkan 1.2.170
Graphics Renderer                            AMD Radeon R7 200 Series
GPU Driver Version                           AMD proprietary driver 2.0.179
CPU Accuracy                                 Unsafe
GPU Accuracy                                 Normal
Docked Mode                                  [x]
CPU Multicore                                [x]
Async GPU                                    [x]
Async Shaders                                [x]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a human moderator to assist.

At least generally can you try using latest optional amd driver (22.6.2?), always stick to auto cpu accuracy, and up your windows pagefile. A recent emu regression impacted three houses besides that it is being looked into still.

Sadly my gpu is quite old so I can’t update it to those drivers, I’m already at the last ones it got.

I always kept CPU accuracy in auto, may have changed it by accident when trying to fix the issue.

I’ll do the pagefile then, I found a save editor that let me skip the chapter and haven’t had any problems with the rest of the game so far. I hope the dev team can figure out what happened to three houses, thank you for your help.

Ah true pardon me I just checked for drivers and yeah it is sadly out of support :sweat:

It was an accidental emu regression it seems like it happens more so as well when you use the 60fps mod. Hopefully will be fixed soon ish.

It’s alright, I appreciate the help, best of luck to the dev team with the fix.

Can you try on latest mainline to see if it happens still?

Just tried, still crashes. Don’t know if I specified but it’s silver snow, chapter 13, in case they need it for testing purposes.

Also, here’s the log.
yuzu_log.txt (1.3 MB)

Client Version                               yuzu 1082
Operating System                             Windows 10 Version 21H2 (Build 19044.1766)
CPU                                          Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-10100F CPU @ 3.60GHz | AVX2 | FMA
CPU Accuracy                                 Auto

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a human moderator to assist.

Seems like the pagefile wasn’t set. If you’re able to try that again and perhaps using earlier yuzu version that may be worthwhile https://github.com/yuzu-emu/yuzu-mainline/releases/download/mainline-0-1069/yuzu-windows-msvc-20220629-015ca12a7.zip . can extract this to a folder somewhere and run the yuzu.exe from there instead of the normal installer based one. if this works for you you may want to stick to that for now. It def doesn’t help you can’t really update gpu driver :sweat: Sometimes amd can have particular issue.

I also am curious if it may be related to your save since you mentioned editing it. If you’d like you can share it here in zip if it fits or link upload from other site for it. Can help us rule out if it is that or just emu-amd.

Made the pagefile with 10000 in both of my drives (SSD and HDD), still crashes on the latest mainline release.

My savefile wasn’t edited at first, I edited it after giving up because of the crashing, lol. I have another one at the same spot that I use for the testing you tell me, granted that one is edited. I’ll upload it as well.

Here’s the log and savefile:
yuzu_log.txt (1.2 MB)

I’ll try it in the other version you sent me in a moment, I’ll let you know.

Update: Did not work, here’s the log lmao.
yuzu_log.txt (1.2 MB)

Also if you’re gonna use my savefile for testing, it crashes right after the cutscene where they show the map, looking at youtube it’s the one right before it’s supposed to load the level.

Client Version                               yuzu 1069

Curious as well have you also tried disabling async shaders in config graphics advanced, and removing all pipeline cache for game to see if it is maybe corrupted? (Right click game >> remove >> remove all pipeline cache)

For the save can you zip the slot, auto, and system ? Without I can’t load it seemingly

Tried what you said, no luck. Here’s the log:

yuzu_log.txt (1.1 MB)

My bad about the saves, I didn’t know, here you go:

Async Shaders                                [ ]

Was partially my bad as well apparently my applied update had issue :upside_down_face: Had to reapply it now save works.

Sorry, I am easily confused. Is this issue resolved? should i use mainline or do i need EA?