Custom textures are randomly swapped

Issue:
Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.

System Information

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:

TLOZ MM3D :
TLOZ-MM3D_citra_log.txt (157.9 KB)
PKMN UM :
PKMN-UM_citra_log.txt (50.8 KB)

Hello this is my first topic in this community, so for every custom textures I try I have thoses textures that swap randomly. I don’t know why I have this problem, my GPU driver is up to date, Citra is up to date.
I tried to change to Citra Canary but no changes, I also tried to change everything in the Renderer, Utility and everything in the advanced tab. The only thing that work is disabling the “material rendering” (rendu matériel in French) in the advanced tab but then the game is very laggy and is unplayable, if I reenable this setting the custom textures work until I change the room (so I can disable and enable the material rendering to fix the problem but it is very boring and I don’t want to change the settings everytime I change the room because I’m lazy).

I also tried to change the CPU frequency up to 150% and no changes so I put it back to 100%.

To put it in the context I started using Citra since 1 week, before changing the settings I used the threeSD tool that help me to move my 3DS files to Citra.

Also I don’t know if it is a problem to put the “sdmc” folder in another disk.

I hope this post is sufficient for you to help me, if not ask me what you need.

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1721 HEAD-89410c1
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor              | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 4.6.0
Graphics Renderer                             NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            471.68
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 2
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Texture filters can sometimes cause graphical glitches when custom textures are enabled. Try turning off your texture filter and then restart Citra. See if the problem remains.

1 Like

It was so simple, I didn’t think about restarting without that.
I do that since 15 minutes and no problem just I have to restart citra before running an other game with custom texture.

Thank you a lot.

Can I close this topic or something else ?

It’s fine to keep it open for others with a similar issue. That way they can ask questions about the solution if something isn’t clear for them.

1 Like