Custom UltraWide Screen Layout

Hi folks! Oh boy, I’ve been waiting for this day. As custom screen layouts are now possible, I’ve made one to take full advantage of ultrawide monitors. Here’s how it looks:

So, the configs are:

Top Screen:
L: 0
R: 1667
T: 0
B: 1000

Bottom Screen:
L: 1667
R: 2567
T: 320

Well, that’s it. Hope that someone finds this helpful :grin:

EDIT: Configs updated! (Thanks to jroweboy)

Could I ask you to do a good custom layout for 1080p? (1920x1080)

Hi Hexagon12. Well, I don’t think I’ll be able to, because I don’t have a 1080p monitor to test it out (it took me a few times to get proportions right on the ultrawide preset). How about the Large Screen layout? I think it uses the full screen (although the second screen is too small in my opinion)

FYI these screen proportions are slightly wrong. the 3ds top screen is 400x240 (ratio: 5/3 ~ 1.667) and the bottom screen is 320x240 (ratio: 4/3 ~ 1.333) so to best fit the monitor, which from your numbers looks to be about 1000px high and maintain the aspect ratio you’ll need to do a little math. The aspect ratios that you have in your custom layout is just a little off (1.660 and 1.323)

The following numbers should better maintain the aspect ratio of the screens while still fitting the ultrawide monitor

Top Screen: (1667x1000 Ratio: 1.667)
L: 0
R: 1667
T: 0

Bottom Screen: (Resolution: 893x670 Ratio: 1.3328)
L: 1667
R: 2560
T: 330

I’m the guy who added the original support for screen layouts and this is the reason why i’m still not sold on the current implementation for custom layouts. I love the idea, but having 8 boxes that take a lot of tweaking to get the layout to look good is just not user friendly (and the boxes don’t respect aspect ratio for better and for worse!). When it comes to features in the GUI, we try really hard to make sure the features are user friendly and I’d prefer a different solution than the current setup. But i’ve been too lazy to actually work on the solution i have in mind …

What would a “good” layout for 1080p be? The 3 layout choices were decided on based on what the most common ways the screens were used. Default is simply a best fit matching a 3ds layout. Single screen is a best fit for a single screen. And Large is a 4 to 1 screen ratio where the prominent screen is 4 times larger than the smaller screen (which ends up fitting well on 1080p monitors while maintaining a good aspect ratio). I’ve heard complaints about it, but no actual suggestions besides “Make the small screen larger!”

Thanks! Just tested your configs. It might be my monitor, but for me the second screen got a little bit off:

And thanks for the development of that feature. Altrough I agree that it isn’t user friendly on it’s present state, it is definitely a step into the right direction. These little things might not be a priority right now, but sure makes gaming experience better for some users such as myself.

Btw, I can’t locate that feature is gone on newest Edge. Is it temp gone? Mergelog it’s saying that’s still there.

The feature is there, we just removed the config from the gui. If you want to update the screen layout you can open up the settings file and change it there. %APPDATA%\Citra\config\qt-settings.ini is the location for it.

I love the idea behind the ability to make your own layout, but the 8 boxes to determine how it fits just isn’t a good way to do that. So configuring the screen from the gui is back in development, and the ability to change it through the ini is probably whats going to get merged.

As for the layout, if it overlaps, then you’ll just need to just shift the left screen over a bit. (i’d test it myself if i had an ultrawide monitor :frowning: )

If you’re using a borderless windowed tool this should be the correct config for a 2560x1080 screen

custom_top_left=0
custom_top_top=0
custom_top_right=1800
custom_top_bottom=1080
custom_bottom_left=1800
custom_bottom_top=510
custom_bottom_right=2560
custom_bottom_bottom=1080

Hi! Yesterday I modified the video output settings in order to enlarge the small window to the right http://ssmaker.ru/7373f9c4/ . But with this I had a problem: This window has stopped responding to mouse clicks. There are ideas how to combine a large window size and working control?
Here are my settings for monitors with a resolution of 1680х1050:
[Layout]
layout_option=2
swap_screen=false
custom_layout=true
custom_top_left=0
custom_top_top=0
custom_top_right=1200
custom_top_bottom=953
custom_bottom_left=1200
custom_bottom_top=500
custom_bottom_right=720
custom_bottom_bottom=950

UPD.
I asked and I answer) The problem as it turned out that I do not know geometry well, in calculations I mixed up plus with minus, that’s all. Correct data and a screenshot I attach. Thank you all and a good game!

[Layout]
layout_option=2
swap_screen=false
custom_layout=true
custom_top_left=0
custom_top_top=0
custom_top_right=1200
custom_top_bottom=953
custom_bottom_left=1200
custom_bottom_top=250
custom_bottom_right=1680
custom_bottom_bottom=750

Hi

Do you guys know how to get two swappable 1080p screens? When i play OOT i play with one large single screen and swap screens with a button. I want both screens to be 1080p screens. Is this possible?

I’ve been playing around with these settings but i cant get Swap_Screen to work together with Custom_Layout. Isn’t that possible?

[Layout]
layout_option=1
custom_top_left=0
custom_top_top=0
custom_top_right=1920
custom_top_bottom=1080
custom_bottom_left=1920
custom_bottom_top=0
custom_bottom_right=1920
custom_bottom_bottom=1080
custom_layout=true
swap_screen=true