Dai Gyakuten Saiban running at 6fps

Issue:
So, just installed Citra, dumped my copy of Dai Gyakuten Saiban, patched it, and ran it. Title screen ran at 25 fps, alright, not great but I´ll take it. Then it loads a cutscene and it drops down to 6. Is there anything I could do?

System Information

Diagnostic Log

citra_log.txt (132.3 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Try the latest citra canary build for better performance, switch ‘Enable Hardware Shader’ on/off and see which setting gives you better performance.

1 Like

Thanks, will try it out.

I did try it out and there was no change. Well, there was a noticeable upgrade during the title screen, but as soon as cutscene started it dropped right back down to 6fps.

Any other ideas I could try? If not, thanks for bringing Canary to my attention, I’ll be using that.

Maybe this game is really demanding, or needs better optimization to run properly, unless someone
else can test on different system to verify if this issue persists across different OSes and hardware configs…

1 Like

Also a problem in the android port. I tried both in Citra and android, in Citra, it was 6fps, on my android (I also tried Bluestacks) it’s like 10fps…
My pc specs btw:
CPU: Intel Core i5 - 2.40 GHz
Citra Version: Citra Nightly (the latest one sorry I forgot😅)
Game: The Great Ace Attorney (Dai Gyakuten Saiban w/ english patch)

The same with me. The Citra “Compatibility” List depend of the user’s PC. But in this cases, the Nightly Version is better for this cases :sweat_smile:. We can wait for more performance in future. Just like Nintendogs performance :slightly_frowning_face: