Directory Help: Rom Hack Using Same Save Location

Issue:
Hello, Earthlings! I’m playing Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, and I’ve run into a problem with the file directories. I have a ROM hack of Alpha Sapphire called “Sinking Sapphire”, which has some slightly altered game mechanics. My issue is that Sink Sapph uses the same file location as Alpha Sapph to save game data, so saving one game will overwrite the second. How can I separate the two games into two distinct file trees so that I can save them separately?

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: Not relevant (I think)
  • GPU: Not relevant (I think)
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1629
  • Game: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire/Sinking Sapphire
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar): For the pictures I’ve attached, right-click > “Open Save Data Location” for both games takes you to the same place in the file system.

This is my first post, so hopefully I got all of this right. If you can’t open those pictures I attached, let me know.

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Since the bot is asking for it, I’ll mention, I didn’t attach a log because my problem isn’t a functional one with the games.

Yea Citra doesn’t see a difference between the two. If you want to keep and play both save files at the same time, you’d probably have to set up a portable citra version. That way, you can keep 2 citra’s with 2 configurations.

To do so, download citra-windows-mingw-20201014-1bb2057.7z (direct link) from https://github.com/citra-emu/citra-nightly/releases/tag/nightly-1629
Extract it using Winrar or 7zip. Put the extracted folder anywhere you want. Inside the extracted nightly-mingw folder, create a folder called user. Now run citra-qt.exe from the folder run your romhack.
Your new config, sd and save files from this citra version should now be stored inside that user folder!

Now you can use the normal citra for Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and the portable citra version for your romhack.

Okay, thanks. Are save files compatible between devices? Will the save file be transferrable between my mobile device and computer?

Yes. The folder structure is also the same.

Excellent. Gracias, monsieur.